"I could have used this many times over! I tried looking at a number of solutions including fuel cell technology, but just couldn’t develop a practical, cost-effective and safe solution that was 100% reliable. This is a much better idea, and with that extremely low exhaust back-pressure addition, an easily solution to retrofit where needed. "
- Dave Towner, Applications Engineer, Exterran (retired)
"The Alberta Centre for Advanced Micro-Nano Technology Products (ACAMP) commercializes innovations in micro-electronic technology by providing access to equipment and engineering expertise unique to such products. As Business Development Manager with ACAMP, I had the opportunity to work with hundreds of companies developing new electronic products for a spectrum of applications. CEGEN's Green Energy System was one of the most appealing projects I came across, appealing to me because its real-world application and well presented product development plan."
- Jeff Hohn, Business Development Manager with ACAMP
Green Energy Produced
ROI 0-18 months
"Spend the first ten years doing something no one else will do, spend the next ten doing something nobody else can"
- Conrad Hilton
What if we could combine natural gas development with electric power production and reduce or eliminate, further consumption of fossil fuels? CEGEN will reduce and/or eliminate consumption of fossil fuels and provide a:
- Low cost renewable power source;
- Produce enough energy to power building lights, PLCs (controls), site lighting, etc;
- More efficient source than other renewable energy alternatives; and
- Exploit wasted air flow from a compressor cooler
CEGEN’s goal is to find renewable energy alternatives that are cost effective, realizable and respond to industry demands.
"I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things."
- Steve Jobs
The CEGEN Green Power Generation Unit uses proven “wind” technology to capture and convert compressor exhaust into electricity. By capturing the continuous exhaust exiting the compressor cooler and redirecting the exhaust through the CEGEN Power Generation Unit we can produce 7kW per unit (or 61,320 annually) to help power ancillary operations, such as lights, PLC, etc.
The CEGEN Advantage:
Truly innovative, the CEGEN Green Power Generation Unit is a socially popular step that the industry can take.
- Green power generation
- No addition to your Carbon Footprint
- No change to your facility’s footprint
- 7’x8’ footprint over exhaust of a typical 156EH cooler
- Weighing less than 1000lbs
- Fast bolt on installation (one day on most applications)
- Little to no change to your equipment
- Low maintenance costs and easy service schedules
- Flexible application scopes and benefits
- New and retro-fit applications
The CEGEN Performance Data
- Higher Green Power Output
- A typical 1500 HP gas compressor should expect 7 kW or approximately 61,320 kWh/annum of Green Power with “exhaust wind” speed of 27 mph using a 10kW generator
- 2 kW and 5 kW designs available for smaller fan applications
- Class 1, Zone 2
- Low back pressure added to fan
- less than .2 iwg added at CEGEN opening
- Vertical and Horizontal fan designs available
- Engineering, consultation, and installation available
- 18-month to 24-month ROI (immediate if CEGEN replaces the need for power lines)
- Inexpensive Power to remote facilities
- Eliminate need for expensive power line installations ($285,000 per mile)
- Power building and facility lights, ventilation, gas detection, and other facility operations
- Large facilities with multiple application opportunities could supply power to their local grids
- Supplement your power needs
The CEGEN Green Power Generation Unit is a new, innovative, and socially popular step that can offer a GREEN alternative to power for industry. We offer positive exposure to industry and effectively multiply energy production efforts without burning another drop of fossil fuel.
"The energy of the mind is the essence of life." - Aristotle