The Micro-CEGEN 1 kW Unit
The Micro-CEGEN 1 kW units can be the answer to remote sites without grid power and have low energy needs. Typically, a natural gas compressor has only one operational need, 200 watts of power to for the PLC.
The Micro-CEGEN is not dependent on the weather, short days of sunshine in the winter or rainy seasons with low cloud cover, if the cooler fan is spinning, the power is readily available.
One of the big issues with remote facilities is restarting the compressor engine. A typical 1800 hp driver requires 150 hp or 112 kW’s of power for a “Black Start.”
A Micro-CEGN 1kW unit can trickle charge a battery bank, even at only 75% efficiency, there would be enough extra power to charge the batteries to 112 kW in about 200 hours.
- Very low maintenance
- Fast installs
- No added physical footprint
- Clean power source
- No increase in your environmental footprint
- Meets remote facility operational power needs such as PLC and Lighting
- Trickle charger to store needed power for “black starts”
- Reliable power source
- Extremely low back pressure and parasitic draw